"The assailant also stabbed and injured a Chinese female tour guide with the Americans. He then committed suicide by throwing himself off a 130-foot-high balcony of the ancient landmark the Americans were visiting, the 13th century Drum Tower, the official Xinhua News Agency reported."
The Xinjuan Hotel I was staying at was 1/2 block from the Drum Tower (click for map, here & here), which I could see from my hotel room #219. Click here for video of Drum Tower, taken from Di'Anmenwait Dajie
- Fragmob "Solar Eclipse" mob
Fragmob mobile blog ("mob")
- FLICKR "Solar Eclipse 2008" photostream Blog
FLICKR photo blog
- Kyte.tv "Solar Eclipse 2008" Blog
photo & video blog
- "Blip.tv video-blog
Blip.tv video-blogging server
- "08 Solar Eclipse" Blogger blog
Blogger blog (text/photo/video)
- "Eclipse Chaser" Blogger blog
Blogger blog (text/photo/video)
helpful people, teamwork, etc
Many THANKS to people assisting me in my eclipse expedition:
Fragmob "solareclipse" Mob
Flickr Photostream Blog
Click on above image (or HERE) to goto Flickr "Solar Eclipse 2008" photostream Blog
Kyte.tv "Solar Eclipse 08" BlogClick HERE to goto Kyte.tv "Solar Eclipse 08" Blog
Blip.tv "08 Solar Eclipse 08" Video-Blog
Click HERE for "08 Solar Eclipse" Blip.tv video-blog
Blogger "08 Solar Eclipse" Blog
Click HERE to goto "08 Solar Eclipse" blog
Blogger "Eclipse Chaser" Blog
Click HERE to goto Eclipse Chaser blog
- Lin Lan (Hangzhou high school. Zhe Jiang)
for help in observation site permit, trip logistics
- Dr. Serge Koutchmy (Director of Research at the Institute of Astrophysics of Paris (IAP, CNRS)
for Novosibirsk/Russia pre-eclipse scouting report
- Jay Anderson (meterologist for NASA Eclipse Bulletin)
weather-prediction for TSE 2008
- Dr. Glenn Schneider (Univ of Arizona/Steward Observatory, Umbraphile)
eclipse-photography & eclipse-travel
- Daniel Fischer (Science Writer/The Cosmic Mirror) extensive email discussions about China logistics & in-China Collaboration/Cooperation/Communication
- Michael Dong (Booking Agent/Chinacits)
advice on Hotel, Train, etc.
- Yeyinan (Skateboard Shopowner in Hami)
taking me on his motorbike (& car) to get supplies, use of office Internet for eclipse-video upload, etc.
- Peter (masters degree in Law, of Balikun)
advice & logisitics for Balikun/Santanghu, accomadations at his family home (mom/dad) on July 31, etc.
- Jennifer (Travel Agent/Ocean Travel)
advice on Beijing hotel, China train schedules, etc
RELATED ECLIPSE LINKS
- Daniel Fischer report (E-day, inbound to Yiwu, outbound from Yiwu)
- Bernd Brinkmann report (eclipse images)
- BACK to SOLAR ECLIPSE page
- BACK to '06 Solar Eclipse (Egypt) page
- BACK to '02 Solar Eclipse (S. Africa) page
- BACK to '01 Solar Eclipse (Zambia) page
- BACK to '99 Solar Eclipse (Turkey) page
- BACK to '98 Solar Eclipse (Curacao) page
- BACK to MAIN page
CLICK ON THE IMAGES FOR THE ARTICLES
In 1990, for OffRoad magazine, B Yen became a regular photo contributor for SCORE off-road races & MTEG stadium races. He also was a writer/photographer for 3 offroad articles.
In 1991, B Yen also had writer/photo credits for offroad racing articles in Four-Wheeler magazine & Petersen's 4Wheel&Offroad In 1990, B Yen began to shoot video along with still-photos. In 1993, his 1993 Baja 500 footage (Walker Evans Racing vehicles) was used by Jerry Garrett on Prime Ticket Network's coverage.
From 1991-1994, B Yen's astrophotography began to get published in the Baja themed magazines: Baja Explorer & Baja Life
In 1993, B Yen scored a coup when he was the ONLY member of the professional photographer crew at the El Toro Air Show, to get footage of the F86 jet crash. It was shown all over the world on CNN & ABCNews. It also gained him professional representation by one of the elite New York photographic agencies (worldwide coverage): Gamma Liasion Network (it has since been bought out by Getty Images)
In 1996, B Yen's astrophotography of Comet Hyakutake in the California & Arizona deserts was published in Astronomy magazine
In 1997, B Yen's astrophotography of Hale-Bopp gained worldwide recognition by ESO (European Southern Observatory, Dr. Richard West), NASA, Internet. He scored a *lead-photo* credit, in Newsweek Magazine's cover-story on Comet Hale-Bopp. His website Comet-track.com generated over a million hits, which caused the servers to crash!
In 1999, B Yen joined forces with George Seeley, Jr (Class 5 racer) & Seeleyracing.com, to bring SAME-DAY coverage to SCORE offroad racing at the '99 Laughlin Race
In 2001, B Yen once again joined forces with Seeleyracing.com, to bring SAME-HOUR coverage to SCORE offroad racing at the Primm 300 race
In 2004, B Yen once again joined forces with Seeleyracing.com, to bring REAL-TIME coverage to an offroad racing event at the Geiser Bro's D&D race-shop Xmas Party/Open House
In 2005, B Yen brought Real-Time coverage of the Rose Bowl, as an Internet webcast.
Click HERE to return to JumpLive.com